EDMOND BOARD OF EDUCATION
November 6, 2017
Following is a list of the business conducted by the Board of Education at the above- mentioned meeting:
a. Called to Order by President Benson. All members present.
b. Flag Presentation by Orvis Risner ES
c. Moment of silence
2. Voted to approve Agenda.
3. Comments by Mr. Towne – Community survey; Benchmarking Consortium; Blue Ribbon Schools.
a. Edmond Santa Fe HS Volleyball Team – 6A State Champs
b. GE Model Schools – Centennial ES, Cross Timbers ES, Frontier ES, Heritage ES, John Ross ES, Washington Irving ES, West Field ES and Cheyenne MS
c. Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (OAHPERD) Health Teacher of the Year – Shana Classen
d. Rising Star Social Studies Teacher of the Year for 2017 – Meg Shadid
5. Public Participation
a. EACT, American Education Week – Chelsea Foo
b. Public – None
6. Edmond Public Schools Academic Indicators Report – Angela Grunewald
CONSIDERATION AND VOTE ON THE FOLLOWING ACTION ITEMS:
7. Voted to approve budget for 2017-2018.
8. Voted to award bid for EPSAC AV renovation to AVL in the amount of $260,335.00. (Base bid plus alternates #1 and #3A)
9. Voted to approve Santa Fe HS band and robotics preliminary plans.
10. Voted to approve North HS renovation and building addition preliminary plans.
11. Voted to approve Memorial HS track preliminary plans.
12. Voted to approve resolution calling for Annual School Election for Board seat #3 (5-year term) on February 13, 2018 with a run-off election, if needed, on April 3, 2018.
POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION AND VOTE OF CONSENT AGENDA: All of the following items, which concern reports and items of routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and vote of items #13-#22.
13. Approved minutes of the October, 2017, regular/special meeting/s.
14. Approved Encumbrances #18001933-#18002309.
15. Approved Financial Reports for month ending September 30, 2017.
16. Approved purchase of Chromebooks for grades 6, 7, 11 and 12 teachers from SDF Professional Computers at a price of $245/each.
17. Approved purchase of 5 air handlers from Trane in the amount of $621,283.00 for Cimarron MS.
18. Approved Contracts:
a. Kincaid Coach Lines – band contest for Memorial HS
b. Kincaid Coach Lines – band contest for Santa Fe HS
c. Tams-Witmark Music Library, Inc – Anything Goes for Santa Fe HS
d. ARC Pyrotechnics, Inc. – Memorial HS (fireworks display)
e. Village Tours and Travel – Santa Fe HS DECA
f. Village Tours and Travel – North HS DECA
g. Discovery Education – Washington Irving ES
h. Solution Tree
i. Mercy in Schools
j. Section 125
k. Billy Samuel and Derek Talkington
19. Declared district property as surplus and authorize administration to dispose of properly.
20. Declared district technology property as surplus and authorize administration to dispose of properly.
21. Approved change orders:
a. $4,990.34; Pillar Cotracting; Ida Freeman ES
b. $6,575.76; DBG; John Ross ES
c. $58,387.00 deduct; Key Construction; Memorial HS Gym/Band
d. $2,484.99; Timberlake Construction; North HS Stadium
e. $1,969.00; DBG; Orvis Risner ES
22. Items #14, #17, #18, #19, #20 and #21 were removed from Consent Agenda for separate action.
CONSIDERATION OF EXECUTIVE SESSION TO VOTE ON SUPPORTING ACTION ITEMS:
24.Proposed executive session to discuss (1) employment, hiring, appointment, promotion and resignation/retirement/termination of individual salaried employees and as set out on Schedules A and B; (2) purchase or appraisal of real property; (3) confidential conversations with the board’s attorney concerning a pending claim, investigation or litigation where disclosure of information would violate confidentiality requirements of state or federal law all pursuant to Okla. Stat. tit. 25 § 307 (B)(1); (B)(4); (B)(7). (The Oklahoma Open Meeting Act)
a.Voted to convene in executive session.
b.Voted to acknowledge the board’s return to open session.
c. Statement of executive session minutes by President Benson: In executive session we only discussed items listed on the agenda. Nothing else was discussed and no votes were taken.
25. Voted to approve proposed certified personnel actions listed on Schedule A to the agenda.
26. Voted to approve proposed support personnel actions listed on Schedule B to the agenda.
27. Voted to approve recommendation of Andrew Rasmussen for Santa Fe HS Activities/Athletic Coordinator.
28. There was no New Business (This item is reserved to consider and vote on any business matters that were not known about NOR could be foreseen at the time the agenda was posted.)
29. Voted to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 9:21 p.m.
The agenda was posted at the Edmond Public Schools Administrative Center, 1001 West Danforth, Edmond, Oklahoma on November 2, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. in accordance with the Open Meeting Law and notice of this regular meeting was given to the Oklahoma County Clerk, prior to December 15, 2016.
Board Clerk and Minute Clerk